Phantom parts

zevarius

Registered
Age Verified - 18+
Jun 29, 2015
Pronouns
he/him/his
i get the ears as well, i can feel others lookin at em, it feels wierd... i can occasionaly feel a muzzle at times, but never the whole thing

Karnepae

MC Staff
Jun 1, 2014
Pronouns
he/him/his
This forum could do with alot more detail... flesh it out a bit... Phantom Parts made me think of a video game of some kind... i got excited... But no, i don't get Phantom parts, but occasionally, my body changes on it's own. The watch that hung from my wrist will shatter around midday, and the gap between the desk and the wall that i used to struggle through becomes as wide as most doorways. The guy who stood a foot taller than me yesterday is now a head shorter...

Jun 20, 2015
Pronouns
he/him/his
This forum could do with alot more detail... flesh it out a bit... Phantom Parts made me think of a video game of some kind... i got excited... But no, i don't get Phantom parts, but occasionally, my body changes on it's own. The watch that hung from my wrist will shatter around midday, and the gap between the desk and the wall that i used to struggle through becomes as wide as most doorways. The guy who stood a foot taller than me yesterday is now a head shorter...
I can flesh it out but whatever you are talking about is flying WAY over my head.
I am talking about when you feel like you have parts of an animal attached to you that aren't really there.
For example, on rare occasions, I feel feline, like ears over where mine are supposed to be. They can twist around, but don't effect my hearing. They seem to be more notable when I am stressed, as they feel like they are folding down on my head.

Jul 13, 2015
Pronouns
they/them/theirs
Well I have really powerful phantom shifts. It's become a really defining part of myself and how I interact with people (I know that sounds odd). They come and go, but 90% of the time I have at least a tail. At times of stress or *cough* excitement, they get really pronounced and become more difficult to force down. The random, uncontrollable shifts have gotten more frequent over time (since when they began, eleven years ago) to the point that I now wear fingerless gloves and extremely heavy clothing to force my phantom limbs down. That plays into the social stuff.

My real social issue with the whole thing is mainly the Otherkin/Therian side of things that causes really awkward and difficult moments when my human facade breaks down. Luckily I have a handful of select friends who know and help me when they see those signs of an uncontrolled mental/physical shift. Yay friends!

I could probably write a book on the subje- wait, no I am. heh. (My novel is still in developmental phases but it's coming along nicely). But really, I could keep going about this for a good couple of pages but I'll spare your eyes. So glad @Somoto_the_Wolf put this down, I love it.

demonclaw

Registered
Age Verified - 18+
Dec 21, 2014
Pronouns
he/him/his
Well I have the normal phantom tail but I have also the phantom collar. I have rare phantom limb its a double heart beat or phantom heart beat of my other half aka Demonclaw's heart beat. I don't really know what to call it but I do feel his heart beat every now and again.

Jun 20, 2015
Pronouns
he/him/his
Well I have the normal phantom tail but I have also the phantom collar. I have rare phantom limb its a double heart beat or phantom heart beat of my other half aka Demonclaw's heart beat. I don't really know what to call it but I do feel his heart beat every now and again.
You might want to see a doctor about that. That isn't normal.

Karnepae

MC Staff
Jun 1, 2014
Pronouns
he/him/his
This forum page is recieving mixed responses... And what i was talking about was a physical shift in form. If you ever met me, you'd understand. But if i have any control over that, i will make sure neither of us ever meet. I will be like your limbs... just a phantom of the internet with no physical representation

Jun 20, 2015
Pronouns
he/him/his
This forum page is recieving mixed responses... And what i was talking about was a physical shift in form. If you ever met me, you'd understand. But if i have any control over that, i will make sure neither of us ever meet. I will be like your limbs... just a phantom of the internet with no physical representation
Are you suggesting that you can change form?
Cause' if that is the case, I'd hate to bust your bubble, but there is no such thing.

demonclaw

Registered
Age Verified - 18+
Dec 21, 2014
Pronouns
he/him/his
You might want to see a doctor about that. That isn't normal.
That is my normal can't change that and its not physical heart beat I can feel its like a mental heart beat is weird and hard to try to describe it. Some people do have physical changes for example my sisters eyes change with her mood they can start out a greenish color but turn reddish when she is pissed off. Some people have like a mental change or switch where one persona will be what normal day to day people see but it gets switched off when that person is with furries or friends. So don't go around disproving what normal is. What normal is to you is not normal for me so lay off others Somoto. For Pete's sake science barely has figured out how some people walk around with 2 DNA strands (chimera or the medical term chimerism ) so science and your opinion aside people can change forms just need to look at it in a different way.

Jul 13, 2015
Pronouns
they/them/theirs
(I've been off this site for a little longer than I wanted, so I'm reviving this for a second)
Wow i am very impressed that alot of you are able to will so hard into thinking that you have tail ears etc ... tricking your sub conscious into think that it has extra limbs it is amazing that you will so hard for things that they actually become true
This right here is the disconnect between people who have otherkin/therian/phantom shift things happen to them and people who don't. In most cases, people who are like this have had whatever it is happen for most of their life. I've had phantom limbs for as long as I can remember even though my draconic nature didn't manifest until I was a bit older. At the same time, I've always known the limbs were draconic even before I was familiar with what a dragon was. It's not that I've willed my shifts into existence, but rather that I've simply supported their continuing existence through some meditation and various other forms of mental reflection. This doesn't speak for all cases, but most of the time Otherkin/Therians have chosen to stay as they are rather than lie to their own mental image. Much like transgender people do (though that is much much more believable and socially acceptable). Hope that made sense.

Jun 20, 2015
Pronouns
he/him/his
(I've been off this site for a little longer than I wanted, so I'm reviving this for a second)

This right here is the disconnect between people who have otherkin/therian/phantom shift things happen to them and people who don't. In most cases, people who are like this have had whatever it is happen for most of their life. I've had phantom limbs for as long as I can remember even though my draconic nature didn't manifest until I was a bit older. At the same time, I've always known the limbs were draconic even before I was familiar with what a dragon was. It's not that I've willed my shifts into existence, but rather that I've simply supported their continuing existence through some meditation and various other forms of mental reflection. This doesn't speak for all cases, but most of the time Otherkin/Therians have chosen to stay as they are rather than lie to their own mental image. Much like transgender people do (though that is much much more believable and socially acceptable). Hope that made sense.
But they have surgery to get that way.
I won't get my wolf ears just because I think about it hard enough, I would have to get surgery (if that is even a thing for wolf ears.)

Jun 20, 2015
Pronouns
he/him/his
What I am saying is that, I wanted to be like you, but I grew out of it. It seemed impossible and there was no evidence of it being successful. In fact, my step mom says she is a witch, I am having a hard time juggling all the possible reasons why she would think that, but there have been physical claims that she can do some crazy shit when it comes to her feelings.
She thought that Somoto might be my spirit animal, and that I might be a shamin, but as much as I wanted to believe and live what you supposedly can, doesn't mean that it isn't true.
Hell, all this stuff may be true, and I may have given up a very powerful thing, but until I have super hard concrete evidence that what psychology and science has made is wrong, I stand by what I have seen myself.
And to be frank, even my step mom said that it would take inhuman powers to change into another form.
In short, open your eyes. Don't lie to yourself. If you absolutely insist that you are not. Then, please don't take anything I have said offensively. That is and will never be my intention.

Karnepae

MC Staff
Jun 1, 2014
Pronouns
he/him/his
Cold, hard science... Sometimes, you just gotta believe in stuff, regardless of how crazy it seems... One of the beliefs of satanism that i have read about fits this very well...

"7. Acknowledgd the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it for success, you shall lose all thaf you have gained."

demonclaw

Registered
Age Verified - 18+
Dec 21, 2014
Pronouns
he/him/his
i see that this thread has been edited by an admin or higher because it use to be 2 pages long now its just one.

Dabbles

SA / Main Supervisor.
Forum Administrator
MC Staff
Age Verified - 18+
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Probably to remove the page of derailment. _Thats just a guess though, what would I know_